Delivering a Sustainable Energy Transition for Pakistan
The workshop co-organized by the University of Glasgow and LUMS, funded by the British Council, begins on June 08, 2021, Tuesday.
About 40 early career researchers from both UK and Pakistan are selected to participate in the workshop with experts as mentors.
We are pleased to have a distinguished panel of experts who will be delivering talks on Day 1:
- Mr. N. A. Zuberi (former MD PPIB and currently senior Advisor C-SAIL and Deputy CEO Kohala Hydro Power Project)
- Dr. Najeeb Ullah (Co-founder Cambridge Solar Environmental Solutions and Founding PD USPCASE)
- Dr. Mazhar Bari (SVP Tech. & Innovation, Siemens Ltd., Saudi Arabia)
- Dr. Jillian Anable (University of Leeds)
- Dr. Irshad Hussain (LUMS)
- Dr. Serena Corr (University of Sheffield)
- Dr. Muhammad Irfan (UET Peshawar)
Day 2 will be mostly focused on roundtable discussions led by experts in the field.
Day 3 will build upon Day 2 discussions and bring early career researchers to team up and deliberate on a research topic of mutual interest. They will also work on proposals for the challenge prizes.
There will be about 5-7 challenge prizes to support 6-month projects involving at least one UK and one Pakistan participant. The funds will support travel, chemicals, consumables and small-scale equipment.