Opportunities for Students
Explore all opportunities for Students
Duration: 1 month (July 2023)
Number of internship positions: 2 paid internship positions (honorarium: Rs. 15,000)
Application deadline: Before June 30, 2023
A call for two paid internships with the Instrument Cell, which will work closely with PhysLab. This is ideal for students interested in instrumentation, practical electronics, and in dealing with fluids, hydraulics, and measurement technologies. Please put "Internship" in the Email subject.
Send in your CV and reason to join, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Duration: 4 months during the spring term commencing March, 10th
Commitment: at least 1 weekly in-person meeting and 1 progress report by email
Application deadline: March 6, at 1 pm
Application submission here. (submit after the workshop)
The internship presents an opportunity for all BS and MS students to merge their creative writing skills with scientific fervor and create awe-inspiring science stories. During the 4-month voyage, you will indulge in a mix of the four categories to explore science journalism based on exciting scientific stories emanating from the School. Who knows – your content may end up getting featured on the School's digital platforms, as well as in our flagship magazine - The Particle!
The program will enroll a maximum of five interns. Some work, especially photography and videography will require using a DSLR camera, which shall be provided to the intern. The internship comprises five paid projects. Upon the completion of all the projects, each intern will receive a certificate, along with an honorarium of PKR 10,000.
Everyone interested in applying for the internship or writing for the magazine is strongly encouraged to attend the workshop on February 24 at 11 am in the Dean’s Smart Lab. The application link will open right after the workshop. Apply by March 6th.
Please submit your application here. (After February 24 and before March 6, 2023)
- Conduct faculty advisement meetings for undergraduate students and follow up with absent students, maintaining accurate records of the relevant data.
- Scheduling meetings concerning at risk students and recording notes in the designated system.
- Process major declarations, major change, and transfer applications and communicate with respective departments.
- Manage student enrollment requests, assist with course registration, and provide course planning support.
- Providing help & support in the arrangements of events being held/managed at school.
- Act as a Liaison between Faculty and departments (IST, RO, AO, and OAASS) etc.
- Address student queries regarding the school and its programs.
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Masters or M.Phil graduate, preferably with a background in Science and Technology
Send your resume to email@example.com, latest by February 12, 2023.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Work with 600 MHz NMR instrument, and gain fundamental training by gathering fascinating data from the cross talks of atom's protons, electrons and huge magnetic field leading to reveal the structural and functional characteristics of molecules. An exciting opportunity awaits for explorers of the microcosm!
Two positions are open for PhD students of SBASSE, for a training internship on the state-of-the-art NMR machine! This is your chance to learn how data from this state of the art equipment is acquired, processed and interpreted. This extensive training program will require internees to work for 10 hours/week in the NMR lab, for three months. After an evaluation at the mid and end of the semester, successful interns will receive their training certificate.
Please send your application consisting of your brief CV and a paragraph about your motivation of acquiring this training, to Dr Adil Raees at firstname.lastname@example.org latest by July 15th. The internship will start from August 1st, 2022.
MS students of SBASSE are welcome to spend twelve weeks in the NMR spectrometer laboratory. Our machine is a 600 MHz NMR equipped with direct hydrogen, carbon, phosphorus and heteronculear probes and allows the determination of structure of, mainly organic molecules, ranging from small molecules to complex proteins. The NMR spectrometer is a complex radio. The signal is processed using sophisticated processing routines and is visualized and analyzed using specialized software. Furthermore, the machine is a beautiful illustration of quantum mechanics of warm molecules.
The opportunity therefore is rich and diverse and of wide appeal.
If you are interested in availing this opportunity (we can accommodate two students at a time), please send your application to Dr. Adil Raees at (email@example.com) explaining why you are interested in this apprenticeship, by November 22nd, 2021. At the successful completion of this work, which may go up to 6-8 hours a week, apprentices will receive a certificate, can become superusers of the machine training others.
Part-Time Faculty required for Diploma in Computer Science
For following Courses:
- Introduction to Computer Science
- Introduction to Databases
- Introduction to Programming
- Node JS/React JS
- Introduction to Data Structures
- JAVA/Angular 2
- Power BI
- Software Engineering
- .NET/React JS
- Introduction to OOP
- Minimum Bachelor degree in Computer Science from reputed university
Demonstrated public speaking and communication skills
- Previous teaching experience (at any academic level)
- Minimum of two years of experience working in software development, program coding, network administration or data warehousing
- Plan and revise curricula materials in accordance with industrial needs
- Take account of pupils’ prior levels of attainment and use them to set future targets
- Set work when required for absent pupils
- Maintain good discipline by following the institute’s pupil disciplinary policies and procedures
- Establish a purposeful working atmosphere during all learning activities like open classroom discussion, alternative learning methods
- Set appropriate and challenging work for all pupils
Assessment, Recording & Reporting
- Keep appropriate records of pupils’ work
- Mark and return work set, including homework within an agreed and reasonable time
- Adhere to the institute’s marking policy at all times
- Carry out assessment as agreed by the institute
Complete pupils’ reports in line with institute policy
Expected Time Slots:
Morning: 08:00 Am – 11:00 AM Evening: 05:00 PM – 08:00 PM
Please submit you application by Saturday, November 20, 2021.
Please fill in and submit the application form here.
The Particle, which is the Syed Babar Ali School of Science and Engineering's quarterly magazine, encourages the LUMS student talent and also to participate in the editorial roles. We are inviting applications from current students of LUMS, from all Schools, for Assistant Editors. If you are interested please apply here.
We are excited to start an SSE Online Ambassador Program to support incoming first year students. We are inviting applications for SSE Online Ambassadors for the Fall Semester 2020-2021. The Syed Babar Ali School of Science and Engineering and the Office of Academic Advising are committed to provide continuous support to its student population and the SSE Online Ambassadors will play a vital role in providing that support.
Find attached Online Ambassador/Advisor’s job description and preferred qualities. If you enjoy socializing with other students and want to support incoming first year's transition smoothly to LUMS, we encourage you to apply!
The application form is here:
The deadline to apply is 6pm, Tuesday, August 18 2020. We will be able to offer an honorarium of approximately 10,000 PKR for the entire semester. Furthermore, we aim to select about 15 ambassadors.
We aim to finalize Online Ambassador/Advisors for the semester within the next week. Therefore, we recommend that you keep yourself available for a quick interview call if you are shortlisted. For these reasons, we will also not be able to extend the deadline, so we request you to plan accordingly.
You can email firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions about the position. We look forward to receiving your applications!