An Overview on Occupational Health and Safety measures taken at SBASSE to ensure the well being of the community
The health, safety, and wellbeing of our faculty, staff, students, and visitors are vitally important to us. Furthermore, we understand that health and safety has a vital role in supporting and enabling world-leading teaching and research. To achieve this, the school of science and engineering will ensure effective management of our risk by setting, implementing, and reviewing a health and safety management system, through continual improvement and by allocating the resources necessary to attain these. We will also define clear management systems and ensure the involvement of people at all levels when considering the actions necessary to meet this mark.
Syed Babar Ali School of Science and Engineering seeks to ensure that;
- OHS Committee is set up to formulate health and safety policies, procedures, promote awareness, and implement risk management systems to provide healthy working conditions and to prevent injury and ill-health.
- Safety Reporting System is available for immediate reporting of Safety Observations (Unsafe Act, Unsafe Condition or Good Practice) and Incidents.
- Heating, Ventilation, and Air-Conditioning (HVAC) system are in place to help maintain good indoor air quality through adequate ventilation with filtration and provide thermal comfort.
- The management of waste produced during school activities is carried out appropriately and in such a way as to deliver legal compliance and to avoid harm to health and the environment.
- All Health and safety procedures, guidelines, and related work is documented and everyone should have the access to safety document directory and updates.