Resident Scientists at SBASSE
Dr. Shahid Khan - Professor in Residence
Name: Dr. Shahid Masihuddin Khan
Title: Professor in Residence, SBASSE
President. Pakistan Bioscientists Association
Senior Scientist. M.B.C @Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (LBNL)
Mission: Dr. Khan fosters interdisciplinary teaching and research collaborations in Biophysics and Bioengineering within and outside LUMS, with SBASSE as the operational base. His mission has a three-pronged approach – Teaching, Research and Outreach
- Interdisciplinary Electives
2022 - to date: Computational Neuroscience (Dr. Farzada Farkhooi - Course Leader)
- Student Co-Supervision (2022 - to date)
PhD: Maham Hamid (Biology). Sana Rahim (Physics)
BS (Senior Thesis): Hassaan Ahmad (Chemistry)
- Development of high-throughput Mass Spectroscopy allied with Molecular Dynamics simulations for the elucidation of protein-water networks that encode target selection in signal proteins (Collaborators. Dr. Safee Ullah Choudhary (Biology), Dr. Ishrat Jabeen (NUST), Dr. Corie Ralston (LBNL))
- Computational models of polymorphism and local defects in self-assembled and engineered filamentous polymers guided by Langevin dynamics, Evolution and Machine Learning (Collaborators. Dr. Ammar Ahmad Khan (Physics), Dr. Stephen Whitelam (LBNL))
Grant: DOE Molecular Foundry MF7586 “Actomyosin gel self-assembly analyzed with neuroevolutionary learning”
- Khan, S. 2022. Conformational spread drives the evolution of the calcium-calmodulin protein kinase II. Sci Rep 12(1):8499.
- Hamid, M., M. F. Khalid, S. U. Chaudhary, and S. Khan. 2022. The Solvation of the E. coli CheY Phosphorylation Site Mapped by XFMS. Int J Mol Sci 23(21).
- Annual workshops (2018 - ). These 2-day workshops in areas of Biophysics, Bioengineering and Biomaterial feature national and international speakers: In-person and virtual registration. National and regional representation is reflected by past attendees. Accredited by the Biophysical Society.
- Industry – Medical Liaisons. Annual consultations with Shalimar Hospital and Ferozsons executives for developing long-term, sustainable partnerships between SBASSE and health-care infrastructure in the Lahore area.
Pakistan Bioscientists Association (https://pakbioscience-mbc.org/)