The Department of Biology at Syed Babar Ali School of Science and Engineering (SBASSE), Lahore University of Management Sciences (LUMS) invites applications for the position of Assistant/Associate Professor on tenure track in the area of Bioinformatics/Computational Biology.
Lahore University of Management Sciences (LUMS) is a private sector educational institution in Pakistan striving to provide an outstanding learning environment to a diverse student body. Since the inception of Syed Babar School of Science and Engineering (SBASSE) in 2000, world-class faculty has joined the department and is involved in cutting edge scientific research. The biology department at SBASSE provides a cross-disciplinary experience as it specialises in multiple arenas including Cell and Molecular Biology, Cancer Biology, Genetics and Epigenetics, Plant Molecular Biology, Molecular Microbiology and Computational Biology.
- PhD in Bioinformatics or a related field
- Post-doctoral research experience in Molecular Biology/Biochemistry/ Bioinformatics or a related field
- Ability to establish an independent research programme
- Excellent Publication record
- Teaching experience at the undergraduate and/or graduate level (desired)
- Good communication skills with proficiency in the English language
Interested candidates should submit the following:
- Curriculum vitae
- Cover letter
- Research Statement
- Teaching statement
- Google Scholar Profile
- Names of three academic referees.
Please send your completed application package to Ms. Iqra Manzoor at email@example.com
Should you have any queries regarding the position please contact:
Dr. Aziz Mithani
Assistant Professor and Department Chair
Department of Biology,