SPIE has approved the setting up of a student chapter at LUMS. The student chapter will help LUMS students in networking with international scientists and students working in optics and photonics. The SPIE will provide support for outreach activities, students’ training, and travel support for optics education and research.
The current office bearers of the chapter are:
- Chapter advisor: Dr. Muhammad Faryad (Physics)
- President: Muhammad Kamran (PhD Student, EE)
- Vice President: Aamir Hayat (PhD Student, Physics)
- Secretary: Ali Raza Mirza (PhD Student, Physics)
- Treasurer: Ubaid Ullah (PhD Student, EE).
SPIE is an international society of photo-optical instrumentation engineers and is a non-profit organization. It provides generous support to students throughout the world for optics and photonics education and research.