LUMS Department of Mathematics and TU Dortmund Co-operation SS ‘18 presents
International FeatFlow Summer School
Programme Date: June 1 to August 31, 2018
LUMS Department of Mathematics and the Institute for Applied Mathematics invites applications from MSc/MPhil students from Pakistan for three months participation in the summer school offered at TU Dortmund, Germany.
• Male/female students with sixteen year of education or final semester of their study programme in Mathematics, Physics, Engineering or Computer Science.
• Basic knowledge of Matlab, Fortran, Numerics for PDEs, Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD), Finite Element Method (FEM) and Iterative Solvers is mandatory.
Submission of documents: February 15, 2018
Copies of degrees, transcripts and detailed CV explaining your finite element methods, numerics for PDEs and FORTRAN/C programming skills should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Final decisions: February 25, 2018
Probation period: March 1 to May 31, 2018
During this time the accepted student should keep in contact with a co-worker/co-supervisor at TU Dortmund. It is expected that selected applicants should become familiar with basic shell command of Linux Operating System, MATLAB and go through the Devisor Grid3, GMV and Paraview manuals, which can be downloaded from the documentations and Software section of the website http://www.featflow.de/en/software/documentation.html.
At TU Dortmund
Selected students will attend the innovative courses, language course and FeatFlow lab in which use of pre/post processing tools will be taught along with the simulation tool, FeatFlow. The students will write a progress report at the end of the programme.
• Stipend for travelling and living expenses
• Students will get familiar with the open source CFD simulation code FeatFlow
• Students can write up part of their thesis/report